April 28th - 30th
- High Performance Prep Camp
March 19th - May 3rd
- High Intensity Dryland Training
- Strength - Speed - Agility - Aerobic Capacity
"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail"
Are you planning on trying out for the Provincial High Performance program May 5th, If so what are you doing to prepare over the next 6 weeks?
Male - U14-U15-U16
Female U14 - U16 - U18
Spring and Summer training programs
On Ice / Off Ice CAMP
April 28th - 30th
- 7 Hours On Ice - Skills, Tactics, Battles, Hockey IQ/Postioning
- 3 Hours Off Ice - Mock HPP Fitness Test
- Target Group - A, AA, AAA athletes attending HPP Tryouts
High Performance - Hockey Specific Fitness Training - Ages U14 - U18
- March 19th - May 3rd
- 6 Weeks - Fitness training
- 2-3 days per week
- Skills Training - Synthetic Ice, Shooting, Puck Skills & Passing
Your off season (May - Aug) is for periodized training and basically for hockey players its a 16 week window each off season to Step away from the GAME, Play other sports, get in the gym & focus on getting Bigger, Stronger & Faster.
With just 6 Weeks to prepare for the first evaluation camp, along with finishing up your season (Provincials, practices etc) it can be daunting to know where to get started & what to prioritze - Stength, Speed, Agility, 2 line, etc. The answer can be found in the program name - "High Performance", its intended for High Performance athletes who envision themselves as prospects for Team NL at the Atlantic Challenge Cup in October each year.
You may have a goal to make it this year, next year or be on the next Canada Games team, whatever your goals are, make sure your willingness to put in the training is equal to your intended outcomes and goals.
If Non Professoinal Olympic athletes train 4 years to get 1000's of a second faster, or 5 pounds stronger on a Deadlift, Figure Skaters rise early for 6:30 AM practice while most are just waking, what are you willing to sacrifice to be a High Performance athlete? Progression comes with sacrifice, dedication, persistance and being mentally committed to the struggle of being out of your comfort zone. If a Hall of fame baseball player gets enshrined for failing 70% of the time (.300 batting average) then failure and adversity are an inherent part of sport, its the mentally tough, physically prepared athletes that are able to grind through the adversity, the most.
When you pursue High Performance, what you are saying, or what you should be saying with your attendance is, I am prepared, I have put in the hours to be my personal best and I have made sacrifices worthy of being here at camp ready to earn a spot or know you put in your best effort trying to make it.
Good luck to all making the consideration for tryouts, if you would like guidance on your personal athletic path feel free to reach out for info or to register firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Q & A Session –
“Hockey beyond the game“
We discuss Technical Skills, Tactics, Physical Fitness, Mental Awareness, Travel, Nutrition, NCAA vs Major Junior, Junior A tryouts, AAA, scouting and more!
PLAYPRO PLEDGE– High performance camps will limit group sizes to 24-32 skaters depending on age and whether games are being played in camp or not and a limit of 4 goalies per age group to ensure maximum development & high repetitions during each training session!
Regular Registration Procedure:
To register, simply download and fill out a registration form or email to receive one and return along with a 25% deposit to:
E- Payment - email@example.com or
Cheque - 14 Larch Street, Corner Brook, NL, A2H 2S8
Remainder of Balance due 14 days prior to camp start date.
No Refunds available unless
- Emergency Medical / Injury - with a copy of a doctors note and date of injury,! If we have a waiting list 100% of funds will be returned , if not your 25% deposit will be used towards maintaining group rate and the remaining (75%) will be returned within 30 days.
NOTE: Confirmation of your spot in camp will be sent via email upon receipt of deposit payment @ 25%.
PLEASE Call for further details or explanation!
For More Information ph: (709) 638 2793
What sets us apart!
- Hockey Canada certified
- High performance coaches & staff
- 4 Goalies per age group
- Advanced training equipment
- Use of personal video at camp
- Healthy Snacks, Fruit & Hydration